How to stay safe on the farm, and answers to Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, well-behaved pets on a short leash are welcome. Please bring supplies to clean up after them.
Photographers are more than welcome at the West Farm Corn Maze!
• General Admission will be required to enter the farm. This does not provide access to the corn maze although you may purchase access.
• No reservations required.
• We allow photography to be taken anywhere that is not off limits as long as it does not affect our other guests. If you would like access to the area by the pond, please clear that with a manager upon arrival.
• Please remember that we do not have a traditional pumpkin patch but a pumpkin barn. You are welcome to take pictures in there but realize it is where we sell our pumpkins and you may not disrupt that.
• Photography sessions cannot take place before or after normal business hours.
• The use of drones is strictly prohibited.
• Clients must be fully and appropriately clothed (yes, there is a reason for this rule)
• No dressing rooms or storage areas will be provided.
• Photography sessions should not disrupt visitor access, employee access, special events or pedestrian flow.
• Tripods, gear and people must stay on paths at all time and not stand or walk through the corn.
• West Farm Corn Maze property may not be moved or disturbed. This includes, but is not limited to picking/cutting plant material, moving benches/displays, etc.
• Trees, walls, fences, farm equipment or any other structures may not be climbed.
• Motorized and non-motorized vehicles are not permitted, except for wheelchairs and strollers.
• Please always supervise all children, this includes photographer's own children, while on West Farm property.
• All props must be carried to your photo shoot location. Props or equipment that cannot be carried easily should not be used.
• All props must be removed upon departure.
• We require that all trash be removed from your photo site.
• West Farm Corn Maze reserves the right to halt any photography sessions deemed to be disruptive.
• West Farm Corn Maze assumes no responsibility for loss, theft or damage to any equipment or belongings.
• All photos shall be identified as being photographed at West Farm Corn Maze. Any online photo galleries or images shall have a link to our website https://www.westfarmcornmaze.com
• If photos are posted online or on social media sites, West Farm Corn Maze requests attribution and requests photos are tagged @westfarmcornmaze on social media.
• Participants should check in at the ticket shed. The photographer should plan to arrive ahead of time if you are not traveling together to the farm.
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed life as we all know it. We are dedicated to keeping your family, our family, and our team members safe. To ensure everyone's safety as we welcome you back out onto the farm, we ask that we make the following promises to one another:
Our Promises as an Agritourism Destination:
• We will follow all guidelines and recommendations put out by South Carolina DHEC.
• We will continue to be a leader in safe sanitation and hygiene practices with our team members.
• Our team members will complete daily health screenings before starting work.
• All common areas will comply with appropriate social distancing guidelines.
• Hand sanitizer or handwashing stations will be available to all guests and employees.
• We will clean and sanitize common areas and surfaces regularly.
• We will adhere to all local and statewide health standards.
• We will post our Promise at our entrances and throughout our farm so that everyone understands the steps we must all take to keep each other and our community safe.
Your Promises to Us:
• If you have been exposed to COVID-19 recently or have symptoms of COVID-19 (including a fever, cough, or shortness of breath), please help us keep everyone safe by staying home.
• You agree to follow the social distancing and sanitary guidelines that have been put in place to protect you and our other guests and team members.
• If you have underlying health conditions or are otherwise concerned about contracting COVID-19, please feel free to contact us for further assistance.
• If you have any questions about our promise to you, please let us know and we will be happy to assist you.
Many, many hours of hard work have gone into creating the maze for you. Please help us preserve the maze for future visitors by observing these rules.
Anyone NOT following the rules will be asked to leave the property without a refund.
Please review these rules with all your guests, as they are strictly enforced!
• NO ALCOHOL
• Smoking is not permitted ANYWHERE on the property!
• All vehicles are to stay within the designated parking areas.
• Stay on the paths in the corn maze. This is to keep you safe as well as our corn (it will not grow back if it is knocked down).
• Do not touch the corn!
• Do not cut through the rows of corn. If you are caught destroying the maze in any way, you will be escorted off the premises.
• No running.
• Adults and parents, you are responsible for the children you bring with you. Please stay with your children to make sure they do not get lost.
• Be careful when you are walking through the maze. The ground is rough and uneven. We are not responsible for personal injury.
• For everyone’s safety, all visitors must stay within any designated roped-off areas.
• No bare feet are allowed, due to rough terrain, stones, etc.
• No alcohol, drugs, or persons under the influence of either are allowed.
• No profanity or inappropriate behavior.
• Please do not litter. Use the trash cans that are provided.
• We are not responsible for the loss of personal property.
• Everyone must exit the corn maze by closing time.
• Please be courteous to others.
• All unaccompanied children will be walked out of the corn maze to wait for their chaperones.
• WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY PERSONS BEHAVING INAPPROPRIATELY OR BREAKING ANY RULES.
• WE HAVE A STRICT NO DROP-OFF POLICY! ALL CHILDREN 11 AND UNDER MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT INTO THE CORN MAZES. WE CANNOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR UNSUPERVISED CHILDREN. ADULTS NEED TO PLAN ON EXPERIENCING THE CORN MAZE ALONG WITH THEIR CHILDREN.
• All riders must remain seated while the wagon is in motion.
• All riders must use steps to enter and exit the wagon.
• No jumping over the sides.
• No getting off the wagon during the ride.