Come get lost with us on our 12th Anniversary!
Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays:
September 30 - October 30, 2016
Fridays: 5-10pm |
Saturdays: 11am - 10pm |
Friday, October 14, 2016
We will be hosting an Open Day for Homeschool groups/families and Mom's groups. We will be open from 9am until 2pm at the rate of $4.00 per person everyone 3 and up (does NOT include a pumpkin). We will sell our last ticket at 1 pm on this day. Everything will be staffed and open just like a weekend day.
Save Your Sanity Monday
Monday October 17, 2016
With Berkeley County, Dorchester 2 and Dorchester 4 having the day off of school, save your sanity and bring your kids to the farm. We will be open from 9 am until 6 pm at the rate of $4.00 per person (does NOT include a pumpkin). Everything will be staffed and open just like a weekend day.
What will our visit to your farm look like?
If you are coming with a big group we ask that you divide yourselves into smaller groups of 25-30 for rotational purposes. Each group leader will be given a schedule to rotate through all our stations. The full rotation takes 2.5 hours. The stations are as follows...
• Education Lesson - age appropriate agricultural lesson given by one of the maze staff. (Topics include How a Plant Grows, Where Food Comes from
and How Plants Make Food)
• Farm Zoo - learn about our farm animals from one of our staff members and get a chance to feed them as well.
• Pumpkin Decorating - each child will get to choose a pie pumpkin to decorate at our decorating station.
***Note to Chaperones: please bring some sort of large container to take your pumpkins home with you. We will write each student's name on the bottom of the pumpkin with a sharpie.
***The decorating includes paint. We provide paint smocks for each child. If you would prefer your students to only decorate with stickers, please let us know in advance and we can remove the paint before your students arrive.
• Kiddie Corn Maze - We have a small .3 mile corn maze so that all our visitors get a chance to experience the maze. You CANNOT get lost, we promise!!
***If your group wishes to experience the big maze (2.8 miles), please let us know ahead of time and we will schedule appropriately. Please realize that this will increase the time of your visit by 30-45 minutes.
• Children's Play Area - Here the children will be able go through the hay bale maze, corn kernel box and hop ball area. These things are appropriate for children first grade and below. You are welcome to use this time to play more "field day" type games if your students are older. The supplies for this will be your responsibility.
• Lunch/Snack Time - We try and schedule your lunch as close to your normal lunch time as possible. If you are just having a snack please make sure you note that and we will schedule your snack time at the end of your visit. ***We ask that you bring water with you for your group because we do not have drinking fountains. Drinks also can be purchased at our snack bar for a $1.00. Food from our food vendor is not available during field trips days so please plan accordingly.
***Encourage your students to pack water because with sugary drinks come yellow jackets. We make every effort keep them at bay but any help we can get in this fight is appreciated! Thank you so much!!
• Hay Ride - Take a relaxing hay ride around the corn maze through the woods and by our pond. You might even get to see some of our local wildlife.
Is it important for me to be on time for our field trip appointment?
Because you will be rotating through each station in set intervals it is VERY
important to be on time for your scheduled appointment. You will have 15
minutes from your scheduled arrival time until your first station. If you are going
to be late, which we realize happens from time to time, please call us at
843-408-2284 A.S.A.P. Every effort will be made to accommodate your late
arrival. We schedule groups every 15 minutes starting at 9 am. We do this so
that every group gets the individualized attention you deserve. Please bear in
mind, if your group is 15 or more minutes late, you may not get to visit each
station. Groups who arrive at their scheduled time will rotate as scheduled and
we will work you in as possible. The same rule applies if you are early, you will not begin your rotation until your scheduled time. Thank you for helping to make everyone's field trips a success!
What should our students wear?
Well, you will be on a farm so not your favorite outfit for sure! Dress appropriately for the weather. All activities will be outdoors. Wear shoes that can get dirty. Closed-toed shoes work best with muddy conditions. Dress in layers. This allows adjustment of comfort level by adding or removing clothing. Hats and coats are essential in cold or wet weather especially during morning programs.
What happens if it rains?
We will only cancel the program if there is lightening or other dangerous weather. A little rain does not count. If your field trip is canceled, we will make every effort to reschedule but it is not a guarantee.
Do you have bathrooms?
Yes, we do. We have port-o-potties, 2 hand washing stations and hand sanitizer
dispensers are all over the farm.
Are your maze and activities handicapped accessible?
Yes, the maze can be done in a wheelchair but keep in mind if we get a heavy
rain there can be mud. We do have a handicapped port-o-potty available. We also have a hayride that we can wheel anything right on to it! Any questions please don't hesitate to call!
Most importantly, we want this to be the BEST field trip of your year. Our goal is to have an organized, fun event that everyone from the teachers to the chaperones and definitely the students leave wanting more! If at any time we are not meeting your expectations, please ask for Charlotte or Steven West. We promise we will do whatever we can to make the situation better. If there are special needs that we need to be aware of before your visit, please don't hesitate to let us know. We look forward to your visit!!